Robot Recruits Terms & Conditions
Hello and welcome to our store Terms & Conditions page. Your access and use of the Robot Recruits Web Site ("the Web Site") and the subsequent sale and purchase of products from the web site are governed by the Terms and Conditions of Use and the Terms and Conditions of Business (which together constitute our "Terms & Conditions") as presented here for your convenience and quick reference.
Please take a few moments to review our web site Terms & Conditions which we hope will answer most of the questions you might have regarding your shopping experience with Robot Recruits. By using this web site you agree to accept these Terms & Conditions. If you do not wish to accept these Terms & Conditions, please do not use this web site. If you are unsure about any of the information presented here, please feel free to contact us.
Terms and Conditions of Use
Terms and Conditions of Business
1.1 Robot Recruits usually process orders within 2 working days of the initial order placement. Therefore unless your order is for a Pre-Order product (please refer to our terms for Pre-Orders), you may cancel your order with Robot Recruits up to a maximum of either:
- 2 working days after placing your initial order; or
- 7 days after receiving your order.
In the first instance this will incur no charge and a full refund will be given. However in the latter instance your order will be treated as a Return and may incur a charge (please refer to our terms for Returns). If you wish to cancel an order please contact us as soon as possible within the times outlined above.
2.1 If you wish to return a product please contact us as soon as possible. Please supply your contact details, your order and reference number (as found on your invoice) and the title of the product purchased. Please also state your reason for the return. We will return your email as soon as possible and endeavour to do all we can to resolve your issues to your satisfaction. Please note however returns will only be accepted under the following conditions:
- The return must be made within 7 days of receiving the product.
- The product purchased is faulty from the point of sale.
- The product received is not the product purchased.
- The buyer regrets the purchase or it was made in error, however under such circumstances the return will only be accepted if the product remains unopened, undamaged and unused.
- The buyer must pay the return postage costs, unless: 1) The product purchased is faulty from the point of sale; 2) The product received is not the product purchased.
- The buyer is responsible for providing adequate and appropriate protective packaging to ensure the safe return of all products.
2.2 Robot Recruits cannot refund or replace any returned products that become lost, damaged or missing in return transit.
2.3 Products accepted for return may be replaced. Where no replacement can be offered (due to availability) a refund or a store voucher of equivalent value will be offered.
2.4 Under no circumstances will Robot Recruits offer cash refunds. Refunds are made by crediting the buyer's payment account.
2.5 Orders returned to Robot Recruits because of non-acceptance or non-collection will be placed in 'Stasis Storage' for a period of 30 days. Orders in 'Stasis Storage' may be at any time within the 30 day period:
- Claimed with arrangements for re-delivery made; or
Orders cancelled by the customer which are held in 'Stasis Storage' will receive a refund less the original postage costs. Customers who wish to claim their orders held in 'Stasis Storage' will be required to cover the cost of the re-delivery postage. At the end of the 30 day period any orders remaining in 'Stasis Storage' which have not been claimed or cancelled by the customer will be cancelled by Robot Recruits and a refund less the original postage costs will be issued.
1) When you purchase a Pre-Order product you are accepting and agreeing to the purchase of a product that is not yet in stock.
1a) Payment is required on all Pre-Order products at the time of purchase.
2) All Pre-Order products are purchased in exactly the same way as in stock products. The money we take from these sales ensure that your products are reserved for you from our suppliers and that they will be posted out to you as soon as they become available to us.
3) All Pre-Order products will contain an approximate delivery date or time as shown in the product listing. Please do not expect to receive your order before this time.
3a) All delivery dates are subject to change. Manufactures and suppliers reserve the right to delay or change the date of release of any product. These are events and decisions out of our control. By purchasing a Pre-Order product you agree to accept these conditions.
4) We aim to dispatch all Pre-Order products within 5 days of receiving them in stock. You will be notified in the usual way with a dispatch confirmation email.
4a) All UK customers qualify for free delivery on all Pre-Order products to a valid and confirmed UK address.
5) By means of our Facebook and Twitter or News pages we will keep you up-to-date on the progress of all Pre-Order products. Please check back regularly as important general information about your order may be listed there.
6) General details of Pre-Order products as mentioned in the product listing, including the images of the Pre-Order product, are subject to change, and may be up-dated as necessary as more information of the product is sent to us from the manufacturer or supplier.
7) Pre-Order price guarantee. Robot Recruits guarantees all Pre-Order prices. This means once you have paid for your product you will not need to make any further payments, even if the product price is increased by the manufacturer before the product release date, you will have reserved and paid in full for your product.
8) If you place an order that includes a mix of Pre-Order products and in stock products, we will ship your in stock products to you immediately at the regular postage rate. As soon as your Pre-Order products arrive in stock we will send these out to you separately.
9) You have the right to cancel any Pre-Order purchase you make with Robot Recruits within 30 days of the initial purchase. After this time all sales are final. Please email us immediately if you wish to cancel a Pre-Order purchase.
9a) All Pre-Orders cancelled within the 30 day period will receive a full refund.
10) In the event that a Pre-Order product is cancelled by the manufacturer, or if Robot Recruits cannot fulfil a Pre-Order for some unforeseen circumstance, Robot Recruits will notify you immediately and a full refund will be issued.
Postage & Packing Policy:
1) Robot Recruits does not make money on postage and packing charges. You will pay the actual amount it costs us to pack and send your products to you.
2) We aim to dispatch your order within 3 days of receiving your cleared payment, however during busy periods it may take longer (excludes bank holidays and national holidays).
3) All our orders are processed by Parcel2Go.com and are sent using Track & Trace Business Services such as Hermes, Parcelforce, Collect+, City Link and FedEx.
4) If you purchase multiple items our store postage calculator will automatically combine shipping for you.
4a) Our store postage calculator determines your total postage cost by the total weight of your order which automatically includes the weight of the product and its shipping box and packing materials.
4b) The default basket shipping quote for in-store shopping is set to Economy Delivery but can be changed during checkout.
4c) At checkout the store postage calculator will offer you a range of postage options to suit your individual needs.
5) Domestic (UK) shipping options include: Economy Post; Standard Post; Express Post.
6) The maximum weight limit for orders using Economy Post is 15 (kg).
7) It is the buyers responsibility to select the appropriate shipping method to cover the cost of the order in the event that the order becomes lost, damaged or missing.
8) All orders sent via signed for post will require a signature on arrival. In the event that there is no one at home, a calling card will be left and your item will be kept at your local sorting office. It is the buyers responsibility to arrange collection or re-delivery of items held at your local sorting office within the time specified by your chosen shipping method.
8a) Orders sent via signed for delivery are usually kept at your local sorting office for a maximum of 7 days before they are returned to sender.
8b) If Robot Recruits receives a returned item due to non collection the items will be put in 'Stasis Storage' for a maximum of 30 days. This means they will still be available to the buyer during this period and re-delivery can be arranged.
8c) The buyer is responsible for covering the cost of postage for all re-delivery items.
8d) If, you, the buyer do not claim your returned items within 30 days your order will be treated as a return in the usual manner (please see our return policy).
1) Shipping to countries within the European Union is done by Royal Mail Airsure and is listed as 'International Shipping European Union (EU)'. Countries that currently qualify for this service are: Austria, Belgium, Denmark, Estonia, Finland, France, Germany, Ireland, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, Spain, Sweden.
2) Shipping to selected countries outside of the EU is done by Royal Mail Airsure and is listed as 'International Shipping Worldwide (Non - EU)'. Countries that currently qualify for this service are: USA (includes Alaska & Hawaii), Canada, Andorra, Brazil, Hong Kong, Iceland, Liechtenstein, Malaysia, New Zealand, Singapore, Switzerland.
3) If you live outside of the European Union, or, you do not live in one of the countries listed above (please see points 1 & 2) you may not be offered a postage option from the store postage calculator. You will need to contact us before purchasing any products and arrange a suitable method of shipping to your chosen destination. We will then update our store postage calculator to accommodate your needs. Global Priority and Global Express delivery services are available on request.
4) Import duties, taxes, and any other charges that the customer may be subject to in order to receive international products into their home country are not included in the product price, or shipping cost. These charges are the customer's responsibility. Please check with your country's customs office to determine what these additional costs will be prior purchasing.
5) Robot Recruits will not falsify a customs form to declare a product as a gift or mark down a product's monetary value from its actual sale price.
Lost, Damaged or Missing Items:
1) If your order becomes lost, damaged or missing in transit please contact us by email as soon as possible. We are here to help and will do our best to resolve your problem.
1a) Damage. If your product(s) become damaged in transit you must contact us as soon as possible. We are happy to file claims on behalf of our customers, however, we will only file a claim for a damaged product within 7 days of your receiving the damaged product. After this time all sales are final. You must keep all the damaged products with the original shipping box, packing material and any outside wrapping. You may be required to produce photographic evidence of the damage and any endorsement of damage left by the shipping agent/courier such as on the proof of delivery form (if available). You will also need to provide the order invoice to validate the product's value. Claims usually take between 2-4 weeks to process and your products will only be replaced/refunded if the shipping agent/courier approves your claim.
1b) Lost or Missing Products. If your order does not arrive by its expected delivery date and time and you suspect it has become lost or missing please email us as soon as possible and we will investigate the matter on your behalf. If you wish to file a claim we will be happy to do so on your behalf, however, you must contact us no later than 7 days after the expected delivery date. After this time all sales are final. You will also need to provide the order invoice to validate the product's value. Claims usually take between 2-4 weeks to process and your products will only be replaced/refunded if the shipping agent/courier approves your claim.
1) Robot Recruits appreciates that the grading of vintage toys and collectibles can often prove to be more subjective than objective. To help clear up any confusion and to provide customers with a more objective and reliable guide we have devised our own grading policy and standards. These are presented in the tables below:
For Vintage Toys &
|Condition Number||Condition Description|
|Mint||C10||A brand new unopened item, or, a perfect unused item flawless without imperfections|
|Near Mint||C9||A nearly new item possibly opened but rarely used, almost perfect with only a few very minor imperfections|
|A used item but carefully kept showing signs of light play wear or use with small imperfections only|
|An item that has been regularly used and showing more obvious signs of imperfections and play wear but without any major damage|
|An item that has received heavy use showing signs of major imperfections and heavy play wear with some minor damage|
|An item in distressed condition, showing many major imperfections with some serious damage and broken parts|
1) Your privacy is very important to us. Robot Recruits will only use the customer's personal information in accordance with the Data Protection Acts of 1984 and 1988.
2) Every time you make a purchase from Robot Recruits our checkout system as well as PayPal, Google or Skrill (Moneybookers) will make your contact details available to us (like your name, shipping address, telephone number etc). This information is used for billing purposes only and to fulfill your order. If we have a problem processing an order, this contact information is used to get in touch with you the customer.
2a) Robot Recruits does not receive any information regarding your personal banking details. All payments made to Robot Recruits are processed by secure third party service providers such as PayPal, Google Checkout and Skrill (Moneybookers).
3) Except for cases where we comply with a lawful demand for information by law enforcement authorities, Robot Recruits will never disclose any personal information you provide us with (such as your name, shipping address, email address or telephone number), or any information related to your purchase history with us to any third parties.
4) Robot Recruits maintains all appropriate safeguards to ensure the security and privacy of all such information.
1) Robot Recruits does not provide warranties on any products sold. Any warranty or promises made by the manufacturers are solely their liability.
2) Robot Recruits shall not be held liable for any damaged goods or any injuries resulting from use of any products purchased.
3) Robot Recruits makes every effort to present accurate information regarding the products we have for sale. However, it is possible that inaccuracies may arise if Robot Recruits receives inaccurate information from our suppliers or other outside sources. Should you encounter any information in our product listings that you deem inaccurate, please inform us immediately by using the 'Contact Us' link above.